WPCampus was able to secure low-cost on-campus lodging just a short walk away from the venue (two blocks).
Lodging will reside in Tulane Greenbaum Residence Hall. If nostalgia and inexpensive lodging is your thing, it’s a great opportunity to save money and enjoy a few days of on-campus life.
You will be able to check into the dorm on Tuesday, July 11, and check out on Saturday, July 15, for a four-night stay.
You are welcome to arrive or leave anywhere between those dates. However, Tulane requires that we pay for the entire duration of our reservation.
Location and name of our dorm
We will stay in the Barbara Greenbaum House Residence Hall, only a few blocks from the main LBC venue.
You can visit the Tulane website for more details and a video tour.
An interactive map of Tulane’s campus
Open Tulane University’s interactive map of the uptown campus.
How to check in
For the check-in process, please be prepared to present your ID or another form of identification to a Tulane student staff member.
Student staff will be ready to help or answer questions once you arrive on campus, whether during or after business hours.
Check-in from 6 am – 6 pm
The Tulane Housing & Residence Life desk is staffed every day, 12 hours a day, from 6 am – 6 pm.
- Go to Weatherhead Hall: 65 Newcomb Pl, New Orleans, LA 70118
- Please contact the Weatherhead front desk at 504-865-4120 if you need directions or assistance.
- Enter up the stairs or the ramp to the right of the stairs to go to the front desk.
- At the front desk, there will be a student staff member to give you the key and access card to your room, as well as answer questions and direct you to the Residence Hall.
Check-in after 6 pm
- Please call the Summer Assistant on Duty 30 minutes prior to arriving: 504-875-6470
- Go to your respective Residence Hall, Greenbaum House: 7101 Zimpel St, New Orleans, LA 70118
- A student staff member will meet you at your Residence Hall to give you a key and access to your room, as well as answer questions.
How to check out
We have reached out to Tulane to ask for check-out information. Be sure to confirm your check-out process when you arrive.
Be sure to return your key directly to the front desk before you leave. If you do not return your key, you will be charged for it!
Tulane University may ask to check for proof of vaccination — either with physical or digital copies. Be sure to have yours handy.
What’s provided in each room
- One twin bed for single rooms and two twin beds for double rooms
- Height-adjustable Twin XL bed
- Double-sided memory foam mattress
- Twin XL bed adjusts up to 30″
- Air conditioning
- Linens include: two flat sheets, one blanket, one pillow and pillowcase, and one bath towel
- If you want a hand towel or washcloth, you should bring one. It looks like we only get one bath towel.
- There are laundry machines if folks want to wash their clothes (or towels) during your stay.
- No bathroom supplies (with the exception of toilet paper)
- Flooring: Waxed tile
- Other furniture:
- Wardrobe: 36″W x 24″D x 60″H
- Dresser: 30″W x 24″D x 30″H
- Desk: 42″W x 24″D x 30″H
- Desk chair: 35″H x 17.5″W x 18″D
- Microfridge (mini fridge/microwave combo): 18.625″W x 19.5″D x 43.5″H
- The dorms have vending machines
The bathroom situation
You will most likely have to share a bathroom with your neighbor. We will work with folks to make sure everyone is comfortable with the setup.
You may want to bring shower shoes for the bathroom.
What belongings to bring
Participants may wish to bring the following items to make their stay more comfortable:
- A digital or physical copy of your vaccination card
- Tulane University may ask to check for proof of vaccination
- Shower shoes
- Insurance Cards
- Emergency Contacts — List of Phone Numbers
- Water Bottle
- First Aid Kit
- Flashlight with Batteries
- Clothes Hangers
- Alarm Clock
- Noise machine for sleeping
- Shower Shoes (e.g. flip flops)
- Laundry Detergent/Dryer Sheets (there is free laundry in the building)
- Coins for Snack/Vending Machine
- Raincoat and/or Umbrella
- Comfortable Walking Shoes to Explore
- Charger Cords for Electrical Devices
Parking on campus
If you bring your own car, you must purchase a visitor parking permit. Visit the travel page for more information.
Where to park for the dorm
Tulane does not have a visitor parking area close to Greenbaum (our on-campus dorm). However, they will allow those attendees with a parking permit and staying in Greenbaum to park in the 1021 Audubon Street Lot. Otherwise, you can park in the Diboll Garage 2nd floor through 6th floor or the Claiborne parking lot. Permits are not valid in reserved spaces or meter/ParkMobile spaces.
Participants have the ability to do their laundry for free in the residential laundry rooms. You will have to provide your own detergent.
Participants older than 21 are allowed to consume alcohol inside their rooms.
You are not permitted to move about the College with open alcoholic beverage containers or to consume alcohol in and around College residential areas in view of other guests, particularly minors, staying in residence.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere on campus.
Replacement fees for lost items
- Physical keys: $100.00
- Temporary access cards: $30
- Linens: Unsure at this time
Frequently asked questions
If you have a lodging question that is not answered here, please let us know.
What amenities are available in the residence halls?
Each residence hall has common lounge seating areas, kitchenettes (cookware and kitchen utensils are not provided), free laundry facilities, and snack/vending machines.
Residence halls are air-conditioned and include a Wifi Internet connection.
What’s provided in each room?
Each sleeping room has a twin bed for single rooms and two twin beds for double rooms.
Linens will be provided. We have reached out to Tulane to confirm the exact items.
The lodging form has been taken down. If you need to book on-campus lodging, please send an email to lodging[at]wpcampus.org.
The ability to reserve lodging is not available as part of your general admission registration and must be booked using a separate form.
The following rates are not “per night” and are the rate for the total sum of your entire visit.
Tulane requires that you pay for the entire duration of our reservation, which is four nights (July 11-14).
Partners and children are welcome, but it is important to note that the charge is per person, not per room.
- a single occupancy room (no more than one person assigned) with one twin bed at $240 per person
- a double occupancy room (having no more than two people assigned) with two twin beds at $200 per person
On-campus lodging can be fully refunded until the end of the day on June 21, 2023 (one month before the event).
After June 21, refunds will not be granted.
To request a refund, send an email to conference[at]wpcampus.org.
Thank you for the generous support of our sponsors. Check out their services and let them know how grateful we are for their support.